If you hate the fine lines, acne spots, wrinkles, and scars around your eyes, mouth, and face, then it is best to go for the laser treatment. The procedure of laser therapy involves the proper guidelines which the patient needs to follow by finding out the perfect surgeon. The recovery takes less time, and the process is beneficial to improve your facial appearance.
What is the actual process followed up by laser therapy?
Laser therapy makes the use of a focused light beam to treat the damaged areas of the skin part. It helps improve the appearance of skin by removing wrinkles and scars like significant issues. Generally, laser therapy is the outpatient procedure in which the doctor moves a laser wand over your skin. The system helps in damaging the skin cells as well in the elimination of the scars, which include:
- Burn marks
- Acne scars
- Injury scars
- Age spots
- Dark spots
If the patient is sensitive to light, then the doctors or the surgeons will not suggest them to undergo the treatment with laser. It is beneficial to the first talk and explains your medical history to your doctor to get the best results. If the patient is taking the blood-thinning medications, then the doctors will recommend them to not go for laser therapy. It is because the intake of medicines or pain killers can increase the risk of bleeding.
How to prepare for laser therapy?
Once the patient has decided to undergo laser therapy, then their doctors will suggest the following information to follow:
- It would help if you stopped smoking to get the best treatment. Quitting cigarette smoking at least before the two weeks before the laser therapy can provide you with the best results.
- It is beneficial to stop the intake of aspirins, medications, and other supplements. It is because such drugs can lower down the healing or recovery process.
- It is useful not to use the skincare products which contain glycolic acid or retinol at least before two to three weeks of the laser procedure.
- Do not undergo exposure to the sun before the laser therapy because it will act as a barrier during the proper treatment.
After the laser treatment, doctors provide the following instructions which you need to follow:
- You need to avoid the sunlight for four to six weeks after getting the best medicine.
- It is beneficial to apply a moist cloth or the cold pack on the treated area. It helps reduce the swelling.
- The doctors suggest you take over the counter pain medication whenever you feel needed.
- It is useful to wash and then apply the moisturizer daily for getting efficient results.
- For getting the best treatment results, you need to avoid makeup for some days.
Undoubtedly, the recovery period may vary from patient to patient and from treatment to treatment. However, following all the necessary guidelines before and after the treatment of skin enhancement can help you to get the best results.