Fundraising never gets old, almost every school carries out fundraising activities to raise funds for their school. Well, what is fundraising all about? Fundraising is simply a way to boost the school’s finances by engaging the students in one activity or the other, and of course, with the support of their parents, guardians, and Fundraising Zone.
There are so many different fundraising activities, and each depends on the set of students involved; they are fundraisers for elementary school students, high school students, college students, band, cheerleaders, and so on. Whichever one it is, the general aim is to generate funds for a particular purpose. This purpose might be to improve the school’s infrastructural, complete an unfinished school project, get musical equipment for the school, renovate a school property, modernize the school library, get more books for the library, purchase instructional materials, and so on.
Parents and guardians alike are usually notified of an upcoming fundraising event beforehand, so they can also support the school in any way they can. In choosing a fundraising activity for your school, you need to select a good one which will achieve its intended aim and purpose. In this way, all the time spent planning and arranging the event won’t be in vain.
Well, here are good fundraising ideas for schools:
- Talent Shows: You can host a talent show at the school. There are many talents to showcase and exhibit, such as singing, dancing, skits, dramas, and so on. The aim is to entertain the rest of the school as well as generate funds from it. You can ask the children to pay a fee, either for participation or for watching the show. Parents can also watch the show, with their fee include of course.
- School Play: Organize a school play for the students with the help of the art teacher. He or she will select students who are good at acting. They start by preparing and learning their parts in the play. Then you need to pick a day when the drama or play will be presented to the school. Invite the parents and let them pay a fee before they can be allowed to watch.
- Teacher Talent Show: Of course, kids will want to see their teachers do something not done on a regular day. You can get them to donate a fee in exchange for a teacher talent show. Here, they would watch their teachers engage in so many activities.
- Popcorn Sales: You can start by renting a popcorn machine. Then with the help of teachers, the students can pop them and sell to the community. You can also collaborate with a popcorn factory to get the popcorn from them, sell to the school, and share the proceeds with them.
- Scavenger Hunt: Organizing a scavenger hunt is a good way to raise funds for the school. You can share the students into groups while they start the hunt. They can only participate in the hunt if they have paid a registration fee. A scavenger hunt can be quite interesting, as long as it is well-planned and supervised properly. Parents should be aware of the activity so that they too can support the school.
- Game Day: Organize different games for the students in which they can pay to participate. You, however, need to let them understand that the fee is towards fundraising. In this way, they can tell their parents and also participate actively. Also ensure that you make available games that are within their class range, and which they can come out in their numbers to participate actively in.
- Bake Sales: This is another good way of raising funds for the school. With the help of the teachers, plan the bake sale and organize it very well. The students can then sell the products to the members of the community. Never forget to let them know it is a sort of fundraiser, so they can donate massively to that effect.
- Chocolate Sales: You can also plan with the students and teachers, to sell chocolates to the neighborhood. You never know how much money you will get from chocolate sales.
Try them out today and support your school’s project!