Jewellery is a very important part of anyone’s family. It is a sign of investment, financial security and a chord with the past. Jewellery is often passed down from generation to generation and there are new purchases made as well. A lot of people are often sceptical about investing in jewellery because they feel it is not worth it. While everyone may have their own opinions, we are here to tell you why investing in jewellery is a good idea.
We have put together a list of the reasons of why we invest in jewellery and what we hope will inspire you to do the same as well.
- It makes for a long-term investment – gold, silver, diamond and other precious metals, appreciate in value over a period of time. They make for a long-term investment because if you have to sell it for cash one day, then the price you get is much more than what you have paid for it. The gold necklace set that you buy today can prove to be the best investment you make in the long run when you are going through a financial crisis. If you were to look at past trends, you will see that even during times of recession, the price of precious metals has gone up.
- It is a versatile investment option – if you are looking at jewellery as an investment option, then you have a wide variety of choices to choose from. You can look at contemporary pieces like a pendant necklace or you can go for vintage pieces as well and make your investment. There is no limit to the type of jewellery you can invest in. From a ring, a necklace, anklet, bangle, earrings and many more, your options are endless.
- It is a stable investment – in an environment where nothing is stable and prices of everything keeps fluctuating, the price of jewellery, surprisingly, stays stable. When your local currency or a foreign currency is depreciating in value, be rest assured that your jewellery is safe and sound. If you are looking at an asset that will stay in the long term and one that you can depend on during tough times, then investing in jewellery is your best bet.
- It is a portable asset – it is an asset that you can carry with you across borders and have financial security on your side. It is a portable asset and is safer to carry than cash. In case if you are looking at selling it in a foreign country in return for cash then it is something that is completely possible.
- It has a sentimental value – as mentioned above, jewellery is something that is a connect with your family’s past. It is passed on from generation to generation and only increases with value over time. It is a testimony to the wealth of your family and is often also an indication of your social status. A diamond ring that you buy today and leave it behind for your family, might turn to be a great investment for their future.
These reasons are our view point. There are some that you might agree with and some that you do not. That is completely fine because it is a personal choice and family decision that is taken into account while investing sums of money and jewellery buying is that one activity that involves a large sum of money. It is best to keep an open mind about the situation and do what is best for you in the long term.